Showtime Video® recognizes that its customers/ members, visitors, users, and others who use www.showtimevideo.co.in or other web sites owned or operated by Nimbus Home Entertainment Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as collectively or individually "Users") value their privacy.
This Privacy Notice details important information regarding the use and disclosure of User information collected by Showtime Video® either through the website or through Customer Application Form/ Enrolment Forms (“CAF”). Showtime Video® provides this Privacy Notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to use or continue using our website and/ or Services.
This Privacy Notice is incorporated into and is subject to the Terms & Conditions of our website. Your use of our website and/or our Services and any personal information you provide on our website and/or on the CAF remains subject to the terms of this Privacy Notice and our Terms & Conditions.
Please note that any literature, comments, messages, blogs, scribbles etc. posted/ uploaded/ conveyed/ communicated by users onto our website becomes published content and is not considered personally identifiable information subject to this Privacy Notice.
We distribute/ circulate movies that have been appropriately certified by the Central Board of Film Certification, television and other filmed entertainment and we reserve the right to display and promote the filmed entertainment or other information on our website to you in any manner we choose in our sole and absolute discretion.
The Information that our website and/ or the CAF gathers from its users/ customers are as follows:
User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address) to us while choosing to avail our Services and/ or while choosing to participate in various activities on our website or other mode such as uploading videos, posting messages in our forums or in the video comments section, entering contests or, taking advantage of promotions, responding to surveys, or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists.
Cookies Information: When you visit our website, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of our website may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
Log File Information: When you use our website, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Clear GIFs Information: When you use our website, we may employ "clear GIFs" (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e. in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
Manner of usage of the user's Information
• If you submit personally identifiable information to us through our website or physically filling up the CAF, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of our Services/ website.
• We may use your telephone number, email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages and call you for notifying you of the on-going offers and discounts on the membership plans, without your consent and except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your telephone number and/ or email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major changes or for customer service purposes).
• We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, click stream data, etc.) to improve the quality of our Service and design of our website and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
When Showtime Video® Discloses Information
• We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name, address, telephone number or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
• We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties for commercial and marketing use or to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the www.showtimevideo.co.in website.
• We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and central laws (such as Copyright Law of India) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant or at the request of any judicial and or quasi judicial authority or the Government of India or State to disclose this information to a third party, after taking all due precautions before the information requested is disclosed.
• Showtime Video® also reserves the right to disclose personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information that Showtime Video® believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms & Conditions, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of our web site, and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Showtime Video®, our Users or others
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
We use commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we come to know about a breach in the security systems, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on our website or through CAF from persons below 18 years of age, and no part of our website is directed to persons below the age of 18. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use or access our Services/ website at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personally identifiable information of persons below 18 years of age has been collected on our website or through CAF then we will take appropriate steps to delete this information and/ or cancel the Membership.
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that Showtime Video® is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Customers, Members, Users, etc. as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice
Any changes we make will be effective immediately on notice, which we may give either by posting the new policy on the Site or via electronic mail. Your use of the Services after such notice will be deemed acceptance of such changes. Be sure to review this policy periodically to ensure your familiarity with the most current version. You will always be able to tell when the version was last updated by checking the Last Revised date in the footer of this agreement.
23rd September 2011